Thursday, September 11, 2014

Less is More!

I don’t always agree with clichés like 'you get what you pay for'….I sometimes get way more than I pay for and sometimes I get a whole lot more than I pay for. 

To understand less is more.  One needs to only go to a grocery store in Italy.  Not a lot of choices exist.  However, there was just enough for me to wonder what I should buy.  As I was looking for something that looked familiar.  I saw another mom with her kids walking down the aisle.  Not knowing what to buy I figured I would watch what she bought and get the same thing.  I figured if her kids like it and eat it the odds would be higher than just randomly choosing something off the shelf.  As she walked away after I took note of the things she was getting. 

I realized that no matter what language you speak or where you live all moms are just trying to do the best for their kids.  I walked away grateful for this mom that happened to walk down the aisle so I would know what to buy.

The boys have loved everything we have bought at the store.  They think Europe has better food than the US.  My kids who don’t normally eat regular bread with their sandwiches, happily ate the sandwich with regular bread today. Maybe it's because of the amazing selection of meat, cheese, and bread here! 



Sometimes I think we have too many choices in our home country and that a few less choices might be better.


Note for next time:  Bring spices as if I am going to have an oven.  I am missing my brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.  Otherwise everything else I can find here.  And bringing the peanut butter was a great idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment